Some of you need to expand your horizons when it comes to listening to music, because there is more to hip-hop than Lil Wayne and Gucci Mane. Here are 5 current hip-hop artist or groups that you should take time and listen to, you might like what you hear.
1. Lupe Fiasco- Lupe is a Muslim from the streets of Chicago; discovered by Jay-Z.
2. The Roots- I first started listening to The Roots when I was a junior in high school, and they continue to produce quality albums.
3. Talib Kweli- Talib just recently released an album with Hi-Tek, and also collaborated with Mos Def when they formed Black Star. Hopefully we will see a new Blackstar album soon.
4. Mos Def- Not only is Mos Def a great hip-hop artist but he has also starred in some movies, most notably The Italian Job.
5. Big Boi (Outkast)- Big Boi recently released a solo album that is very good, but nothing beats Outkast in their prime. I recommended you start listening to Outkast on the regular.
COMING SOON- Alternatives to listening to Nickelback